Our coalition brings together child and parent advocates, breastfeeding organisations, health bodies, and representatives of women and working women in a campaign focused on on our smallest citizens – newborn infants.
26 for Babies works to build public awareness and encourage the Government to ensure that the objective of Sue Moroney’s Bill is achieved: longer paid parental leave in the interests of babies and their families.
Our membership includes:
- Action Station
- Canterbury Breastfeeding Advocacy Service
- Council of Trade Unions (CTU)
- E Tu (formerly EPMU + SFWU)
- Every Child Counts
- Family First
- FIRST Union
- La Leche League New Zealand
- Maritime Union of New Zealand
- Maternity Services Consumer Council
- National Council of Women
- New Zealand Breastfeeding Authority
- New Zealand Nurses Organisation
- NZEI Te Riu Roa
- Parents Centres New Zealand
- Playcentre Federation of New Zealand
- Post Primary Teachers Association (PPTA)
- Public Service Association (PSA)
- Tertiary Education Union
- UNICEF New Zealand
- Women’s Health Action Trust
- Women’s Health Council
- Women’s Studies Association of New Zealand Aotearoa
- Working Women’s Resource Centre
- YWCA of Aotearoa New Zealand
If your organisation would like to join 26 for Babies, contact Rebecca Matthews (details below).
If you’d like to get in touch with 26 for Babies, you can call 26 for Babies Convenor Rebecca Matthews on (04) 382 2830 or 027 471 7411. You can email us using the form below, or directly at 26forbabies (at) gmail.com.